Monday, March 21, 2011

Brazilian Wax Reviews Mississauga

ANTHONY HOPKINS: "I'M LONELY AND TYPE NO FRIENDS "(Diario El Pais, Spain)


imitating Picasso arrives, staging assistants for two dinners for 50 people at Maxim's that paid by drawing on the menu when his wife said they had no money. Anthony Hopkins starts up, then sits, jumps up, calls the imaginary menu, do the doodle, it gives the waiter invisible, leaves the restaurant. With four gestures, the eminent Welsh actor, 73, nailed the character. We are in Rome in a luxury hotel, and Hopkins is in excellent spirits. Laugh out loud. It's noon and stopped drinking 40 years ago after finishing with several crops of whiskey, so there is no doubt: here is a happy man.
The excuse for the 20 minute interview is the rite of exorcism movie Italian and Anglo-Saxon priests shot in Rome in which Sir Anthony plays a priest who specializes in the devil out of people's bodies. Inspired by actual events assumptions, the best that can be said of the film directed by Michael Hafstrom is that Hopkins is unharmed with a measured exercise of restraint and overacting. Otherwise, not much, except that will surely be a blockbuster and raised in Hopkins some intelligent comments: "I do not believe in God, nor in the devil. The evil and cruelty in the ground there, and certainly look like a guy who took power in Germany and killed millions of people. Maybe it was more ignorant than evil, I believe that ignorance is the worst sin. Although there is also good, I do not have a universal morality, and I doubt there is justice. So I do not judge anyone. Not even the Vatican. Never criticize or attack. I behave the best I can. Anyway, do not make me much attention. I'm just an actor, and actors do not believe in anything. As Picasso ".


Question. Gassman and Mastroianni said that the more stupid the better the actors.
Response. Exactly. Mastroianni once said in a film with Shirley MacLaine and Marcia Gay Harden: "Marcia, admittedly, the actors are children, but we are also pigs. We are pigs!". And you know that old joke: "Why did an actor looks out the window in the morning? Because it has nothing to do for the afternoon." And that other: An actor finds his wife in bed and a guy who runs away. "Who was that man?". "Your agent." "Oh, and has left a message for me?".

P. Do you love too much the actors?
R. I hope so. I do it all the time. I have lucky to be alive and to be in this business. I bring to Rome a few days, then I take a while to London and I returned to Los Angeles. It's a great life, I have no complaints.

P. But he prefers to compose.
R. love making music, I like to act. I do not know if my soul into it, but I think I have a gift for orchestrating ... This year I have concerts in Birmingham and Vienna.

P. Does school teachers?
R . No, I like music since childhood, I can hardly remember how it started this passion. I am very influenced by music from Central. Ravel, Debussy, Prokofiev ... Surely it is thanks for my father to hear them, but I produce a strong enough impression. Also, the romantic, the cathedrals of sound ... Then I became an actor and left the music, although I played the piano well. And later I discovered I had the gift of composing.

P. His parents were not rich. How did all that?
R . My father was a baker, but did not live in poverty. Fought hard in the war and its aftermath, it was hard for everyone, but they sent me to school, and really gave me a lot.

P. What seemed to be an actor?
R. relieved to find something I did not have much faith in me was not good at school. My father was happy to see that I sought a career. Now he is dead.

P. Its success has been quite late. Before Hannibal Lecter was not known much. Have you had best actor over time?
R. do not know, I think it's just luck. Being in the right place at the right time, having good actors ... The I had terrible, and now are good. A bit of talent does not hurt, but mostly it's luck.

P. Do you feel you have much talent?
R. Not more than others. I feel different because I do not fit well into society, I am a true nomad, I have not a friend and I like being alone. I am married to a wonderful woman of Colombia. But I have no friends. I used to have, but not anymore. I fear I'm a little outsider. No actors hang out with, I have a single actor to be my friend. I'd rather be alone.

P. Remember when he replaced Laurence Olivier in the theater?
R. Buff, that 45 years ago, but I remember, yes. It went very well, really. She said she had done very well, and encouraged me a lot. Olivier knew quite well, but I walked away from the people of the theater when I went to California, and now I see only once every 10 years. Now I have met Kenneth Branagh, who directed me Thor. It's a great actor, very nice.

P. They say he has a prodigious memory. Is it the secret of a good actor?
R. not think so. Help, of course, because to memorize things. And I practice a lot. I know a couple of poems and am an avid reader, addicted to Wikipedia. I have a good memory but I'm not an educated man, although I have read. Memory is like a muscle. For the ritual memorized lines like a parrot in Italian with a trainer. That gives you confidence. If you do not know paper, are lost. It's like getting into a car without knowing how to lead. You can kill anyone. Matter of experience.

P. Memory, experience and containment. Is that your style?
R. "Containment? I hope yes! Sometimes you have to overact. If you are possessed by the devil is hard not to be passed in a scene. I tried to make it easy and natural.

P. How about a comedy?
R. I made one with Woody Allen. I do not care what you call me while I paid. The truth is that it could memorize phone.

P. Are you still happy in the U.S.?
R. I went for a while but I got the green card and I stayed. It's nice, I live near the sea, I see people. Sometimes I go to New York, the red carpet is not mine, if you invite me get excuses for not going.

0 comments:

Post a Comment